Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday Observation

More precisely, my observation.  As in the first of my three observations for the school year as an un-tenured staff member.  That was really the highlight of the day.  My director sat in on one of my IEP meetings.  The really awkward part of the meeting with the observation was that it was a bilingual meeting so my coworker was present to translate for me.  So even though I ran the meeting overall, I felt that I didn't say much because Spanish seems to use a lot more words to explain something and the parent needed things explained several times.

I don't know how I did because I haven't met with my director yet but when I got back to my office building, I couldn't get my key into the door due to a malfunctioning lock and I thought to myself, "I didn't think the meeting went so bad that they changed the locks on me."

I found out that I won't have to move again so that was a relief.  Other than that, not a whole lot going on.  I sent out an invitation for a re-eval planning meeting.  This is going to be a short week because my district, like many in NJ, is closed on Thursday and Friday for the NJEA convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment