Saturday, November 13, 2010

Delayed Friday

Sorry for the delay.  Friday was a bit tiring after work.

I got into work and did a Google Maps search for the school I was going to.  I found that the school was much closer than I expected so I killed some time with paperwork.  When the time came, I drove out to the school and met with the student.  Due to the nature of the student's disability, I completed the WISC in record time.  Much less than the two hours that I allotted for it.

Once I got back to work, I found myself with much more time than I anticipated.  I found that work had become something of a ghost town due to a number of people being absent or at trainings.  I had a number of hours until my afternoon appointments, both of which were set for the same time.  Just one of those funny little things.  In the end it was okay.  One of those appointments was canceled.

My remaining afternoon appointment was our first professional learning community meeting.  I'm sure somewhere in the posts from last year, I mentioned this.  Last year, they had been put on hold for a number of reasons but they have started up once again.  Unlike many of the groups from last year, my group has remained pretty much intact and we even gained a new member.


Our topic remains the same: risk assessments.  This year was interesting because, thanks to my personal improvement plan, we now have data on risk assessments from the past two years.  We took a look at the data and saw that there was actually an increase in risk assessments from '08-'09 to '09-'10.  The most interesting thing was that the "bubble" of risk assessments in the grades of the first year continued and increased in the second year.  So we decided to take a look at that group in particular to see if there are any common factors.  We also saw somethings that were to be expected like the spike of risk assessments during December and May.  We concluded the meeting with delegating tasks and scheduling the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment