Tuesday, November 23, 2010

In Search of a Title

I don't know how people come up with titles for daily blog entries.  Maybe I'm just beating a dead horse.

Most people at school are in Thanksgiving weekend mode.  I know I feel that mood teasing at my mind.  Even so, I had a bunch of stuff to get done and I actually managed to accomplish some of it.

I put in a call to a mother whose child was in an short-term care facility (STCF).  My purpose was three, maybe even four, fold.  First, to find out how the student was; second to inform her that the STCF hadn't called me back and this was likely due to HIPAA and I would need a release to get them to talk to me; and third (okay, I guess it was three-fold) to discuss scheduling a re-evaluation planning meeting.

From my call, I found out that the student had just been discharged and was returning to school; that the mother was irate with the STCF; and that she was able to proceed with the re-evaluation planning meeting.  So we worked out the details after a few calls with the out of district school and I wrote up the paperwork.

I finished writing my risk assessment from the other day.  I also started another psychological report.  In addition to this, I completed my assessment of the student from yesterday so I now have that one in the hopper.

Due to scheduling conflicts, I still didn't get to contact a Spanish speaking only parent since my potential translator was tied up with other stuff.  In the afternoon, I did some paperwork stuff, which included faxing psych and ed reports to a neurologist that was seeing a student of my for an evaluation.  In turn, the neurologist sent me a rating scale to give to teachers.  I also sent out a letter, and the copies of my risk assessments to the proper administrators.

In the late afternoon, I helped a coworker deal with our IEP software...thinking about that program raises my blood pressure.  Then I attended the staffing for a student that I evaluated and we found that the dear child still qualifies.

And so ended my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment