Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday Summary

A quick one today.  I really didn't have much interaction with the outside world.

I completed compiling my list of testing modifications for my students and submitted it to the testing coordinator.  Two things to note on that: if a student needed a calculator, I had to make sure that it was in the testing mods and the classroom modifications.  As the school year progresses, I'll have to double check when I do each IEP.  I don't think it will be too hard to remember to do so since it is now my screen saver.

The other thing was that a coworker asked me if there was a way that our IEP software could pull that information from the IEPs.  I told her that I had already thought of that and it could do so but with the current screwed up state of the software, no dice Chicago.

Following that, I got back some surveys, a BASC-2 and a Vineland-II, from a teacher.  I just don't understand why people can't take a moment to read the directions.  They are very clear.  But no, the teacher left most of the Vineland incomplete and enough of the BASC to make it worthless (and a huge pain) to enter into the scoring software.  So the teacher gets to have them back with a note attached.

In the afternoon, I attempted to work on my coworker's spellcheck enabled form-fillable document.  After about ten tries, I growled and cursed in frustration and gave up.  I did everything correctly and got it to work but everything went to hell when I saved it.  The macro would just disappear.  Extremely frustrating.

Tomorrow, I'm off to the school again and I'm going to see about doing a classroom observation and try to get some more paperwork done.

No comments:

Post a Comment