Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday Recovery

I woke up this morning after a night of coughing and trying to sleep in an upright position.  I really don't know if what I had would really be considered sleep but I dragged myself into the shower and tried to simulate life and went to work.

At first, I didn't think I was going to seek to interact with the student population (i.e. counseling or testing) today and I sought out some form of paperwork to do.  Unfortunately, my productivity from yesterday had bitten me in the butt and left me with very little that I could do.  I coworker had kindly brought me a box which I filled with books in about 2 minutes and I sought out other things to write/type without success.

Then I was present/involved in a discussion about a special breakfast that we are having this Friday.  It was this conversation that finally drove me from the building and sent me packing to the school, where I proceeded to counsel every kid that had it on my caseload.  I'm going to have more about this in a later post about office politics.  I was trying to write about it today but I'm finding that it is rambling on and I'm not too sure where it is going.  So I'm going to cut it and paste it into another post to be completed at another time.

After counseling and doing what little paperwork I could reasonably find, I finally had the teacher training for the FM system.  It was actually very interesting.  I learned some things about how to keep the FM system in working order.  I don't know if anyone else in the district knows any of this and I don't even know if it is something that I'm supposed to be responsible for.  I'll have to talk with my boss about this.

Tomorrow is the big move.  I hope I don't get my fingers smashed with something heavy so I can type about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment