Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Death Warmed Over

That is what I woke up feeling like but I dragged my sorry butt into work anyway because I need to hold onto my sick days.  I figured I would just isolate myself from the world and finish typing up the psych reports that I have outstanding.  I also wrestled with taking a half-day and going home early but at a certain point in the cost-benefit analysis, it just seemed like a better option to stay at work and bear on through the rest of the day.

One thing that was waiting for me was a bunch of IEPs that I had submitted to my director for review.  This may happen in other districts and it isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Most of the notes on them were more for future benefit but I did see my boss about them and cleared that up.  Then I fixed any clerical errors that were present and went about my day.

Today was the last interview for an open position in our department.  It will either go to a social worker or a school psychologist.  The last interview was a male school psychologist.  In the end, I continue to be the unique snowflake of the department since this one didn't make the cut.

In the end, I finished my two psych reports, printed them out, made copies, and sent them out in the mail.  I can't be absent tomorrow since I have a meeting with some teachers in the afternoon so I'm off to get some rest and hopefully feel better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment