Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday Fun

I solved my Excel problems when I got into work and now I feel comfortable that I have a spreadsheet that can tell me when I need to have re-eval planning meetings completed as well as being able to tell me that date based upon whether the student's IEP lapses before the actual re-eval date.  It is still a little crude but it is functional for me.

I get an email from a teacher that tickles me pink.  The teacher basically asks me if I could look at all the IEPs for the students in her resource class to see if they have "calculator" as a modification for the NJ ASK.  First, I don't know who she has in her resource class.  And B, she has all the IEPs.  My response summarizes this and then tells her that she can email me the names of the students that don't have it and she thinks should.  I also mention that 90% of my students have their IEP meetings scheduled before the NJ ASK and if they need it, it will be put in there at that time.  I double check with the special ed supervisor to make sure that my response wasn't crazy.  The supervisor didn't think so.

I talk with the coworker that asked me to attend an initial referral conference in their place.  I ask my coworker if their reticence to ask me had anything to do with my seeming compromised due to my personal problems.  My coworker stated that wasn't the case and that I always seem "present" (my word) at work.  So that is a relief.

Later in the day, I attend the above meeting.  The kindergarten student has been referred due to behavior problems in school.  Angry outbursts, inability to remain still, below age performance on tasks in class.  The meeting was at the end of the school day and the student was brought to the room where we had the meeting so the parent could take the child home.  The kid is brought in and immediately starts crying.  The teacher brings the student out of the room for a moment and returns with the student who is continuing to cry, falls upon the floor and flails about, starts trying to crawl away and escape the room.

I think the child may be eligible.

I return to the office in time to accompany my coworkers/fellow moviees to the place we are moving our offices.  Word has come through the grapevine that we are going to move next week.  This is later confirmed by an email from our boss that we will be moving by the end of next week.  So we visit our new digs again and look around.  My two coworkers are the ones making plans as to where they will be and I will go in the default location, which suits me fine.  We spend some time talking with one of new housemates and get the grand tour...or a grander tour because we have already been over once.  This leads to the end of the day.

Department Meeting Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment