Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Big Move

Well, today was the day of the big move.  To give you an idea of just how big this move was I have provide a link to a visual.  The initials have been changed to protect the innocent and the guilty.

So you can see that there was a lot of movement going on today.  Me and LZ had to move first to make room for JJ and SD.  Since LC was going to the same place we were going, they were moved at the same time.  Then furniture had to be moved from the cabin to the new place and to my old place.  Everyone had to take their phones and computers.  The phones had to come with us because of the voice over internet phone system that we have as each phone is programmed for each user.  Since all the computers and phones had to be dismantled, they had to be reassembled again.  I helped all my coworkers get phones and computers back together, which was a blast.  I've done this several times now.  It is actually kinda comforting to work on a problem that you know has a solution as opposed to problems that don't have definite fixes.

Then while I was trying to assemble my work area, our new neighbor (who works upstairs) came in and flipped out on me.  They started yelling that we weren't supposed to be moving in today.  That it wasn't supposed be until tomorrow.  I replied that I was told over a week ago that we were moving today and that men showed up at my office with hand carts and started moving my stuff.  The person went on yelling and a moment later, I decided to leave the field of fire and went back to my place of origin.  I told my supervisor what had happened since the other person was a supervisor as well.

So after lunch and helping a bunch of people with their computers, I went back to my new digs and finished moving into my desk.  The yeller came down and apologized but I remained cool toward them.  By the end of the day, I managed to get situated.  I am beat.  I'm getting too old for this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment