Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday, December 10th

A lot of the time, it isn't worth taking a day off as the 18 emails and 3 voice mails sometime prove. The voice mails were actually much lower than I expected. I caught up on those and photocopied some stuff that need to go through a fax machine and then headed over to the middle school to do some testing.

By the 3rd subtest I decide that if the student isn't communication impaired then they should be. Later, after I return to the office, I learn that he is already classified communication impaired. Yay for my my diagnostic abilities. I usually don't like to read up on the previous testing of students because I want to go in fresh. That and the fact that I often don't have time to look up the previous information until report time.

Following the testing, I had a period before some counseling. I spend that period gathering information and speaking with people regarding a few other students. After this, counseling. I meet with two of my boys and we discuss interacting with students and teachers. Fairly benign stuff.

I get back to the office for a leisurely 5 minute lunch before getting reading for my 1:00 initial referral conference. The parent doesn't show up until 1:40 after I call the home. The case is the unusual one that I have mentioned before. The one that needed an interpreter for a fairly rare language in my neck of the woods. The parent gives consent to test so the clock is not ticking: 90 days.

I go back to my office after speaking with my supervisor regarding the initial and another case. I use the rest of my time to score the test from the morning and send a few more emails. Thus the day is at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment