Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday Interrupted

So while I was typing up a risk assessment report I was called to do another risk assessment.  The student I went to see was one that I had assessed twice last school year.  It was a fairly easy evaluation because of my knowledge of the student.  In the end, the student wasn't sent out.  In fact, when I looked at how things were going this year in comparison to last year, things had improved greatly.  Now if the student could learn not to run their mouth when angry.

At lunch time, I was talking with some of my coworkers.  We have a position on our team that is currently vacant.  Two months ago, we interviewed folks for the position but then nothing.  I floated the theory at the lunch table that the position was not going to be filled.  That since we were functioning fine without the position being filled that it was saving the district money.  I think I'm write, considering we were just asked to consider plans that would allow us to bring back more out of district students.

I looked at my out of district caseload, all two of them, and chuckled.

No comments:

Post a Comment