Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Is arsenic a good day time cold remedy?

I woke up feeling like crap this morning.  I wasn't feeling so hot last night either.  But I had two eligibility conferences to attend and it would have been more of a pain to find someone to cover for me than just sucking it up and going to work.  Otherwise I would have just crawled back into bed.

I swallowed two DayQuil and went to work.

I put together some paperwork and got ready to leave for my first meeting which was at an out of district placement.  About 30 minutes before it was time to leave, I got word that the mother had called to cancel.  I told the case manager who was also the case manager for the student in the afternoon, that if she could just arrange for that meeting to be canceled, I could go home and get some rest.

Since that wasn't in the cards, I decided to do some actual work.  I went to my assigned school to do an observation on a 5th grader.  So after 40 minutes, 15 of which involved watching the student attempt to put led into multiple mechanical pencils, I was done with that.

I also stopped off at the middle school to see the IT department supervisor and asked whether the district owns a copy of Adobe Acrobat so that I could convert the new Special Education Medicaid Initiative service logs into form-fillable documents.  I got my wish and I'm scheduled for the installation sometime later this week.  Yipee!!

After lunch, I wrote up my classroom observation and then prepared for my afternoon meeting.  The meeting went off without a hitch and I returned to my office and finished out the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment