Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday, November 19th

Well, I've run out of even moderately inspired titles for my posts, so I'll stick with the day and date for the moment.

I got in this morning and started doing some paperwork and a little research on anxiety, depression, and visual hallucination because of what this kid said during an evaluation. I also typed up the risk assessment report from two days ago and gave to my coworker who participated in the evaluation as well. I then went to the high school to give a student some paperwork to take home and do some counseling.

I met with my boys group, not much of a group, just me and two boys and finally found some willing counseling participants. All in all, it went far better than expected. As I was pulling one of the kids from his class, one of the girls from my group earlier this week waved excitedly to me. This was one of the ones that said she didn't know if she would be comfortable meeting with a male counselor. So I guess she isn't driven off too much by having a male counselor. Then again, if said counselor is a chance to get out of doing something in class that you don't want to do then any port in a storm.

After this, I went to the high school and got a guidance counselor to assist me in calling down the sister of the student who was scheduled for the initial referral conference yesterday. The one where the parents didn't show up. I spoke with the sister and gave her my card, asking her to ask her parents to give me a call.

When I returned to the office and had lunch, I found a message from the father who was responding to my voicemail from yesterday. I knew that he was probably calling during his lunch and there was little chance of getting hold of him again, so I'll have to try tomorrow.

A short while later, I met with my director and got the okay to put in for a neuropsychological evaluation on a student. Then I was speaking with one of my fellow school psychologists who noted that her school psych program hadn't reviewed a lot of projective testing and she had never learned the house-tree-person. So we spent the last 30 minutes of the day going over that and a few other projective instruments. And then it was time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment