Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Counseling, Report Writing, and Initial Referral Conferences

Wednesday, November 18th
I start the day with a round of counseling. One kid absent, another on a class trip, but I manage to see four other students. Nothing spectacular but I do get to find out that one student is actually starting to do some homework. Not all of it but some of it. If you remember What About Bob? just think "baby steps."

Once I'm back at the office, I spend a good deal of time writing reports. I also record data on two risk assessments. This is part of my professional improvement plan. A pet project on looking to see if there are trends in the risk assessments, like more in one school or grade or time of year. Last year was the baseline so I'm interested in seeing what this year has in store.

Following lunch, I get ready for an initial referral conference. This is the one that if we do the eval will need the language line for the family because of the rarity of their language. We have everyone we need at the meeting with the exception of the student and the family. I attempt to call them without success. Tomorrow I'll have to try to contact them by relaying a message through the student's sister who also attends the high school.

Not much going on today but they can't all be jam packed with action.

No comments:

Post a Comment