Saturday, November 21, 2009

Friday, November 20th

Not much to write about for Friday. I went to the middle school to meet with my other group of girls for counseling. This group was much different than the other one. Apparently they had not problem talking about their problems in from of me. I barely got a word in edge-wise.

Following counseling, the rest of the day was filled with meetings. First our weekly department meeting which did not contain much of interest for me to mention here and then my professional learning committee meeting (PLC).

In my PLC, we have decided to do something with risk assessments. I collected data on the risk assessments from last year and have been doing this same for this year. We went over the data collected so far and saw some interesting high spots. There were more risk assessments done in 5th and 6th grade than in any other grade. Both those grades are in one school so that one school had more risk assessments than any other school in our district. Finally, about 4/5ths oall the risk assessments were Hispanic and African American students.

We talked about gathering some more demographic information to see if those trends reveal anything and then broke down our tasks. That was it for the day. Have a good weekend. Next week is a short one.

No comments:

Post a Comment