Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Well, at least I remembered by Wednesday this time.

Monday, October 5th
The week starts off with a bang: an initial referral conference at 8am. Even when a family is doing everything right for their child, the child can still have problems in school. In this case, it is a kid that tries really hard and gets stressed out. It was decided that testing was in order, so that is another psychological evaluation coming my way which is fine. I still like to test. After that, my day is a blur. I really have a hard time remembering it. Oh, wait, I remember going to the high school and getting the last schedule changed for a student impacted by the whole scheduling debacle. After getting that changed, I called the student's parent to let her know of the change. I scored a WISC, Bender, and Conners CBRS. I attempted to complete some other paperwork with little to no success.

Tuesday, October 6th
Well, no good deed goes unpunished. I got into the office and the first email I see is from the mother of the student whose schedule I changed to bring into line with his IEP yesterday. The mother had spoken with the student and felt that the change should be undone for several reasons. I called the mother and spoke with her on the phone. Then I went to the high school to see about getting the change done. His guidance counselor was busy with Fall HSPAs so I went back to my office and sent an email since I was going to be in a training from 9:30am to 2pm.

Now it may seem like I do a lot of traveling back and forth between my office and the high school but it isn't so bad. The high school is a block away so it is a nice walk.

I then went to the training. It was an assistive technology training for a suite of software to create and modify assignments. It was one of the smoother running trainings. The computers ran smoothly and the program worked well. My thoughts were that the software had a greater learning curve than expected so the teachers were going to play with it and we would get back together in two weeks to see what questions they had.

After that, I went back to the office and generated some paperwork that needed to get done. I started the reports for the risk assessments that I did the previous week and also tried to review some charts for monitoring. And then it was time to go home.

Wednesday, October 7th
I did some more counseling today and delivered some paperwork for a student to bring home to her parents. I then returned to the office and really got down to paperwork. I completed the two risk assessments and a psychological evaluation. I mailed out the psych report and sent the risk assessments through interoffice. I then did some of my unofficial duties, I got the cards for Boss's Day and had lunch. Then I started some more chart reviews. After that, there was a staffing of a student that was recently evaluated. By the time that was done, the day was almost through. I checked in with one of the new co-workers who had her first real day of work and headed for home.

1 comment:

  1. Question... Are you a PhD level School Psychologist? Who is your direct report -- that is what is his or her title?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete