Saturday, October 24, 2009

Friday, October 23rd

No headache, yay.

First order of business on Friday is a meeting with the high school principal to brief him on the monitoring occurring next week. The meeting goes well. After that, I go back to my office and work on an IEP. Then I go over to examine a few more charts with the high school crew which takes us up to lunch time.

After lunch, I do a little more paperwork preparing for a meeting on Monday and then it is showtime for the IEP meeting for the student I mentioned in Thursday's post. My coworker translates for the mother and we address the truancy and legal proceedings. We're surprised that the mother doesn't get up and storm out when she hears this. The student is involved with some program related with the juvenile courts and the case manager from that program is at the meeting is there. From everything we had heard about this person, I fully expected her to be a pain in the butt during the meeting but she pretty much just provides information about her part in all this and asks some questions and doesn't seem so bad. It is decided that the student will be on home instruction while an out of district placement is located. We do all the related paperwork. The meeting goes better than expected and lasts more than an hour and half. And that is how the week ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment