Monday, October 26, 2009

A New Week

Monday, October 26th
One day until the monitors but not much to be done about that at the moment. I took a walk over to the high school as soon as I got in so I could reserve the guidance conference room for an 11am meeting. After that, our special ed paperwork program is down...again. I call the tech support line and leave a message. I also tell the office manager about it and she was already sending an email about it. But that puts a damper on things since I'm supposed to attend an eligibility meeting at 9am and I had to get my evaluation summary in the eligibility report. Shortly before 9am, I try it again and find I am able to get in. This coincides with a phone call from the tech support to inform me that their internet service provider had gone down over the weekend and they had just reset everything. So all the paperwork is ready just in time for the meeting. Not really my meeting because I'm not the case manager. I just did the psych.

9am comes and we are all present, including a representative from an outside agency who report that the student was arrested last week for simple assault and robbery and won't be attending because they are in jail. The mom doesn't show up either. We talk for a bit about possible outcomes from this even. The case manager goes to call the mother.

We have our final pre-monitoring meeting at 9:30, which I wasn't expecting to attend since I thought I would be in the eligibility conference until 10am. Not much left to say. The high school gets to have their charts reviewed first. Yay. If there isn't a post tomorrow, it is because I'm recovering.

I get out of the meeting and walk into my office just in time to answer my phone. It is my 11am meeting canceling on me. Even though she is canceling, she agrees to the needed changes to her child's program so I can go ahead with the plan for today without the meeting. She agrees to come in on Wednesday so that she can take care of the paperwork.

I go to the high school to meet with the student in question and get the schedule changed. While I'm there, I also schedule the conference room for Wednesday. The change in schedule is actually easier than expected and the student takes it well. The student is a bit surprised to find out they are failing so many things so soon. As was I when I first saw it. He gets the standard high school talk about how this is for real now and the impact of not passing and credits and such.

After that, it is lunch. Following lunch, I go to the elementary school to start testing the student I observed last week. I get pretty far. I finish the WISC-IV although from my observations during the test, I know that I want to do some of the Integrated optional subtests. I have a suspicion that the results of the verbal comp subtests aren't an accurate representation of his ability. When I get back to the office, I score the WISC and decide that I should really do a whole slew of addition subtests.

With that, it is time to end my day. I'm supposed to be on hand tomorrow to answer any questions about my charts that the monitors have so I don't know how much time I'll have to do other things tomorrow. Ah well.

Commenting on Comments
I've tried several times to post my own comments in reply to the comments that have been left on my page. For some reason, I'm not allowed to do so. Please don't think I'm ignoring them.

As for loving extra long meeting...yes, they are fabulous and do wonders for headaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment