Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday, January 4th: Back to Work

With the winter break over, it was time to return to work. The first thing to greet me at the office was that the building was colder on the inside that it was on the outside. Apparently, the boiler, the new boiler, had broken down and didn't start this morning or yesterday, or whenever it was supposed to start. We were told that we were to disperse to our respective schools or the board office but we were not allowed to remain in the building, not that I would want to stay. This would effect a number of staff because everyone doesn't have logins for the computers at the various schools. This didn't effect me because I had made sure to get a login at the middle/high school last year so that I could access the computers when I was over there. Several of my high school coworkers did not have that luxury so they had a harder time of it. Anyway, we were told that we may not be allowed back on the building for the rest of the day since it would take several hours for the boiler to warm up and several hours for the building to heat up. Oh, yeah. And the phones weren't working.

At the high school, I managed to arrange teachers for a number of meetings for this week and next week. I also attended an initial eligibility conference for a middle school student. After this I helped a coworker with an IEP. By the time all this was done, it was time to make my way home.

While not being able to work in my office, it was not such a bad first day back.

No comments:

Post a Comment