Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday, January 15th

I got to go on a field trip to an out-of-district school in North Jersey. I was interpreting a bilingual psych eval. First, it isn't easy to relate the findings of someone else's report because you don't have the memory of the testing. Second, it isn't easy to do so in a way that an language interpreter can understand. You need to able to operationalize the subtests and not use jargon. I've had a fair amount of practice with this but it was more difficult this time around because it wasn't my assessment.

It was nice to get out of the district and see a school that I haven't been to before. It was also interesting because it was a block away from the home of a client from my previous career. I had always thought that school was a Catholic school.

After the meeting, I returned to the office and got about three quarters of the way through the report I started on Thursday. The office was a bit odd today because everyone was giddy with the thought of a three day weekend, even though we all just got back from break.

I spoke with the assistive technology person for our district about getting speech-to-text software for a student of mine and was told we should do a full assistive technology assessment on the student before proceeding.

Quitting time slowly rolled around and it was time to head for home. See you on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment