Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Absenteeism and a Shift in Perspective

So it has been a very long time since my last post. I know that I have at least one message to reply to and I have been very poor at doing so.

What has been going on since my last post? A lot of things. I won't go into painstaking detail. I had to adjust to being a single parent.  I had to finish out last school year which I managed to do fairly well. It was the first times that I actually didn't have IEPs to bring home with me during the summer. I did some per diem work during the summer and then started the school year.

I have been extremely fortunate to have so many wonderful people in my life. In addition to the wonderful support that I have gotten from my friends and family, my coworkers were also incredible.

At first, keeping up with this blog did not seem important anymore since I had so much else to do. My heart was just not in it. Then as my life began to settle down, a wondrous thing happened.  I found happiness again.  I could go through a whole thing on the grieving process but I won't. But I'll say it again, I found happiness.

Even after I was happy again, I still didn't feel the need to come back here and write.  A few months ago, I began to examine the reason for this.  I started examining this because a very special person in my life asked me why I stopped writing it.

So the conclusion I came to had to do with a shift in perspective.  When I seriously started the blog, things weren't going well in other areas of my life.  Work was the only area where I felt competent.  Work was a refuge...not that I tried to disappear into my work and remove myself from the rest of my life...but my hours at work were a distraction from the other areas that weren't so good.

Now that my personal life is better, I don't need work as a refuge.  While I still want to be good at what I do, being a school psychologist isn't as much of a defining attribute.

I don't know if that sounds lame or not but that was my conclusion.  I could provide other examples as proof of this but I think I'll leave it at that for the moment.

Where do I go from here?

I'm planning on posting again on the site. I know that I'm not even going to try to keep up the rigorous pace I foolishly attempted to do before.  One post a day was just too much and, now, I don't think my professional life is that interesting (Do I know how to promote myself or what?).

To the person that sent me a personal message, I will get back to you soon, which is kinda relative considering how long ago that message was sent.

I think my next post or two will have to do with changing tests and the use of technology in the workplace.

7 comments:

  1. What you fee is natural, this happens to everybody where despite of a good career it seems that we always arrive in a crossroads and confuses us. Just do what you liked best. :)

    child psychologist Denver

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice artical great contant to be read in the entire artical got expand knowledge in this regarding feald to be apply in my antird thinking.
    Business Etiquette Service Provider

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sharing. I want to post quickly but I do not know the way. Your article helps me, thank you so much
    Counseling for Anger Management

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this useful information.keep on posting like this.Really you have shared wonderful information.
    Life coaching For Entrepreneurs

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is keenly aware that his repeat coronet is quite comprised of traditional brick-similarly-mortar belief-enrolled students, alongsides he honed in on that in his communicate to explain fine push he’s so curious. Psychologist Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. If a doctor is on the lookout of developing a base or internet marketing then it is always advised to have knowledge of few things. SEO for Doctors

    ReplyDelete