Monday, January 10, 2011

Trying to get back on the horse

Well, it has been a while since a proper post.  As I noted, a lot of personal life stuff has been draining me which has led to my break in posting.  I'm going to try to hit some of the highlights since I returned to work from winter break.  Sadly, the unaccounted days from before the break are lost to the mists of time.

Last week, I had several IEP and initial planning meetings that I attended.  Most of the initial planning meetings resulted in the recommendation to evaluate.  I also started working on my steadily increasing load of evaluations.  'Tis the season.

Fortunately for me, I closing in on the tail end of the re-evaluations from my own caseload.  Soon, it will just be initials and my coworker's caseloads.  I'm also fortunate that I've been keeping ahead of my IEP meetings.  I have all the meetings for this month already scheduled and next week I'll have to work on next months IEPs.

For most district, entering the new year means the beginning of IEP season.  From about late February to May, the majority of IEPs come due.  This is usually because IEPs have to be changed or adjusted to account for teacher recommendations for classes, which also come due at this time of year.  I'm expecting to have to amend a number of IEPs at the end of the year to account for those students that had IEPs come due in the first half of the school year.  Ideally, this will not pose a problem.

Well that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment