Friday, October 8, 2010

A Flat Friday

Without a department meeting today, it was business as usual.  It was very quiet at home base as there were a number of absences in addition to the boss.

I started my day at the school by meeting with a special education teacher and the Wilson Reading teacher.  The SE teacher had been receiving communiques from one of my formidable parents and we met to provide some encouragement and reassurance.  The main message was that it was the teacher's classroom and as long as their decisions were based on sound, educational choices, the teacher would have all the back up they could get if the parent went above their head.  When I returned to the department, I made sure to talk to my supervisor, who oversees the special education teachers, and filled her in on the situation.  My supervisor echoed the message of the meeting and asked me to remind her to speak with the teacher at the next SE teacher meeting.

For the rest of the day, I worked on several projects:
  • I started the psych report for the 1st grader;
  • worked on compiling a list of testing modifications for the district testing coordinator; 
  • fielded a call from the parent that didn't show for their child's IEP meeting yesterday; 
  • completed the IEP for said child;
  • organized some more risk assessments that I found misfiled in my drawer;
  • and worked on a MS Word project for my coworker (trying to figure out how to get MS Word to spellcheck a form-fillable document)
That is really about it for today.  Monday is our final professional development day.  Our department is going to a training in another district.  So Monday's post will be about that field trip.

I'm off to read a book...

No comments:

Post a Comment