Friday, October 30, 2009

TGIF

Friday, October 30th
Well, its Friday and the monitors are gone until mid-November. It is also the last official day of work for the week since next week is three days of professional development and then two days off due to the teachers' convention.

It was also staff breakfast day, so the morning was filled with typing a report and eating. And scoring some protocols and eating. Not a whole lot happened today. Since it was also the day before Halloween, there were the usual elementary school costume parades. So a lot of the elementary case managers went over to their respective schools to watch.

It was also Violence Prevention week and the high and middle schools had a presentation put on by Rachel's Challenge. I wonder how much of an impact had on the students since it was being held at the end of the day before Halloween and before a week off. I wonder if such a program would have had more of an impact if it had been held earlier in the week with some sort of follow up in the classrooms. Although I think that there are probably few teachers that would feel comfortable talking to students about such a potentially emotionally charged event.

I watched the presentation at the middle school and then returned to the office. With the exception of a few of my coworkers, everyone seemed to have cleared out early. I spent the last half hour speaking my coworkers about the initial outcome of the monitoring. Then it was time for home.

I don't know how much I'll post next week considering it is three days of professional development. I could really only bemoan the fact that CST members always get sent to workshops that don't apply to them for one day.

Have a good weekend and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment